Re: Joining the project

On Oct 5, 2009, at 22:52, gregor herrmann wrote:

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:28:42 +0200, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

I would like to join the Debian Perl Group and to contribute new packages to the ones already available in Debian and help to maintain the existing
packages.

Great, thanks for your interesting in joining the group!

I will introduce my self. I'm a Perl programmer (CPAN: potyl) and I've been programming in Perl for quite a while (10 years). In my free time I like to play with all technologies that involve the desktop: Gtk2, Clutter, D-Bus,
ect.

In that case, you may be interested in the Qt4 perl bindings that jawnsy, a member of the debian-perl team, has worked on: http://code.google.com/p/perlqt4/ .

Your Perl/CPAN experience will be valuable for sure, especially for
fixing bugs and interacting with upstream (forwarding bug reports and
patches).

My alioth user id is: potyl-guest.

I've just added you the the pkg-perl project on Alioth; welcome
aboard!

Welcome Emmanuel!