Re: Joining the project

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:28:42 +0200, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

> I would like to join the Debian Perl Group and to contribute new packages to
> the ones already available in Debian and help to maintain the existing
> packages.

Great, thanks for your interesting in joining the group!

> I will introduce my self. I'm a Perl programmer (CPAN: potyl) and I've been
> programming in Perl for quite a while (10 years). In my free time I like to
> play with all technologies that involve the desktop: Gtk2, Clutter, D-Bus,
> ect.

Your Perl/CPAN experience will be valuable for sure, especially for
fixing bugs and interacting with upstream (forwarding bug reports and
patches).

> My alioth user id is: potyl-guest.

I've just added you the the pkg-perl project on Alioth; welcome
aboard!

> What should be next step?

Since you've already found our IRC channel and the Welcome page on
the wiki I suggest that you try to get familiar with our workflow
(group policy, svn, PET: http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi)
and then just start the work :)
And don't hestitate to ask anything either here on the list or on
IRC.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Bob Dylan: Blowin' In The Wind