Re: libdebctrl 0.3

Hi Dominique:

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Dominique Dumont<dominique.dumont@hp.com> wrote:
> Jonathan Yu <jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> To test it out, compile the code in 'source' and run ./driver. It's
>> still rather basic output, as there haven't been any significant
>> feature changes.
>
> ok. This one compiles fine.
>
> I've tried it on libconfig-model-perl control file and I get this
> warning:
>
> *** Error stack ***
> critical warning: Archive areas must match one of the defined strings (Sec. 2.4) at test.txt, line 2

This error is supposed to be generated on the Section tag, not for the
Architecture one.

The line 2 refers to the second line of the file, not the second line
of the paragraph. So it's talking about:

Section: perl

This is actually a bug, because Archive is detected as NULL, but it
tries to see if it's valid anyway (and an empty string could never be
a valid archive section, which are supposed to be one of: main,
contrib, non-free)

I've fixed this bug in SVN (it was due to a missing if statement, I
hadn't noticed it before -- good catch!)

> Looks like libdebctrl does not like "Architecture: all" line
>
>> But, more importantly, if you'd like to look at the docs, switch back
>> to the main directory and do:
>> make -C docs # to compile public documentation
>> make -C docs author # to generate author documentation (which has
>> discussion of all the internals too)
>
> Docs are compiled by default. Otherwise, the doc looks fine. Good work.
Yes, from the main directory if you do 'make' in trunk then everything
will be compiled. If you have latex installed it will also make pretty
PDF files (I installed a bunch of texlive packages to get that to
work)

> All the best
>
> --
> Dominique Dumont
> "Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they
> need, not what they want." Kurt Bittner
>
> irc:
>  domidumont at irc.freenode.net
>  ddumont at irc.debian.org

Here is the output on your file for the most recent version:

*** Error stack ***
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 7
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 9
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 10
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 11
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 12
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 13
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 14
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 15
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 25
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 26
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 27
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 28
info: Hard tabs in continuations will be transformed into spaces at
test.txt, line 30
--- Section 1  ----------------
Source:
 - libconfig-model-perl [Fixed]
Section:
 - perl [Fixed]
Uploaders:
 - Dominique Dumont <dominique.dumont@hp.com>, [Fixed]
 -          gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> [Fixed]
Build-Depends:
 - debhelper (>= 7.0.0), [Fixed]
 -       perl-modules (>= 5.10) | libmodule-build-perl [Fixed]
Build-Depends-Indep:
 - perl (>= 5.8.8-12), [Fixed]
 -      libcarp-assert-more-perl, [Fixed]
 -      libconfig-tiny-perl, [Fixed]
 -      libexception-class-perl, [Fixed]
 -      libparse-recdescent-perl (>= 1.90.0), [Fixed]
 -      libtest-pod-perl, [Fixed]
 -      libtest-warn-perl, [Fixed]
 -           liblog-log4perl-perl (>= 1.11) [Fixed]
Maintainer:
 - Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org> [Fixed]
Standards-Version:
 - 3.8.2 [Fixed]
Vcs-Svn:
 - svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-perl/trunk/libconfig-model-perl [Fixed]
Vcs-Browser:
 - http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-perl/trunk/libconfig-model-perl/ [Fixed]
Homepage:
 - http://search.cpan.org/dist/Config-Model/ [Fixed]
--- Section 2  ----------------
Package:
 - libconfig-model-perl [Fixed]
Architecture:
 - all [Fixed]
Depends:
 - ${perl:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, [Fixed]
 - libcarp-assert-more-perl, [Fixed]
 - libexception-class-perl, [Fixed]
 - libparse-recdescent-perl (>= 1.90.0), [Fixed]
 -  liblog-log4perl-perl (>= 1.11) [Fixed]
Suggests:
 - libconfig-tiny-perl, [Fixed]
 -  libterm-readline-perl-perl | libterm-readline-gnu-perl [Fixed]
 - describe and edit configuration data [Fixed]
 - Config::Model enables project developers to provide an interactive
[Mergeable]
 - configuration editor (graphical, curses based or plain terminal) to
[Mergeable]
 - their users. For this they must: [Mergeable]
 -   - describe the structure and constraint of the project's
configuration [Fixed]
 -   - if the configuration data is not stored in INI file or in Perl
data [Fixed]
 -     file, provide some code to read and write configuration from [Fixed]
 -     configuration files must be provided [Fixed]
 - (empty) [Fixed]
 - With the elements above, Config::Model will generate interactive [Mergeable]
 - configuration editors (with integrated help and data validation). [Mergeable]
 - These editors can be graphical (with Config::Model::TkUI), curses [Mergeable]
 - based (with Config::Model::CursesUI) or based on ReadLine. [Mergeable]
** Debian Control information **
Source package: libconfig-model-perl
 Maintainer: Debian Perl Group
 Maintainer E-mail: pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org