Re: ITP: libtk-dirselect-perl #509608

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:53:02 +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> >  Note: Perl/Tk 804 added the chooseDirectory method which uses
> >  native system dialogs where available. If you want a native feel
> >  for your program, you probably want to use that method instead --
> >  possibly using this module as a fallback for systems with older
> >  versions of Tk installed.
> >
> > As perl-tk 804 is even available in stable wouldn't that be enough?
> I've tried the chooseDirectory method, but directory creation does not
> work (worse, the -mustexist option triggers an exception). So I'd
> rather use Tk::DirSelect.

Ah, that was the missing piece of information, thanks.

Hm, maybe you could change the second paragraph of the long
description, which led to my question and might confuse others too?

> > and one essential one: adding perl-tk to Build-Depends-Indep, since
> > it's used in the tests (and they fail in a cowbuilder chroot).
> Oops. I'll try not to forget this one for lib-config-model-tkui.

It's a useful habit to build with (p|cowbuilder) :)

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Leonard Cohen: Love Itself