Re: ITP: libtk-dirselect-perl #509608

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:23:05 +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> Unless somebody objects (or propose an already packaged suitable
> replacement), I'm going to package Tk::DirSelect. I need it for
> Config::Model GUI (future lib-config-model-tkui package).

The long description says:

 Note: Perl/Tk 804 added the chooseDirectory method which uses native system
 dialogs where available. If you want a native feel for your
 program, you probably want to use that method instead -- possibly using this
 module as a fallback for systems with older versions of Tk installed.

As perl-tk 804 is even available in stable wouldn't that be enough?

Regarding the package it self I made two minor fixes (see svn
log/diff), and one essential one: adding perl-tk to
Build-Depends-Indep, since it's used in the tests (and they fail in a
cowbuilder chroot).

Otherwise the package looks fine, I'd just like to wait for some
comments on the question above.

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Don McLean: Perfect Love