Re: Debian Perl Group meeting at DebCamp - 2008-08-06

Jeremiah C. Foster dijo [Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 12:26:59PM +0200]:
> > That needs to be created. Maybe someone who speaks en_LEGAL can
> > propose a nice wording for "Files: debian/*\nCopyright: $foo\n
> > License: $bar"?
>
> I will take a look, I (unfortunately) have some experience with
> en_LEGAL as it is overused in anglophonic lands. I really like the
> current format however so I will most likely just nibble at the
> edges. IANAL so I presume someone with more legal experience than I
> ought to have the final say, or perhaps filter it through
> debian-legal.

Well, what we did during DebConf is to take some steps and then push
any questions to Don. I think we can do the same ;-)

> Now I know this is a lot of extra work, moving internal debian tools
> like dh-make-perl to CPAN, but I think it would be hugely useful.
>
> Why? Because;
> (...)
> Can we move some of the dh-make-perl stuff to CPAN? I am willing to
> do the work, or at least some of it.

Would be _great_. I am a bit ashamed at dh-make-perl's spaghettiness
(and my contributions to it, despite trying to revert it ;-) )... But
a tool is better when used!

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23