Re: Debian Perl Group meeting at DebCamp - 2008-08-06

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:40:55 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > But it has to be checked manually anyway, and most contributors would
> > agree to anything like "as long as it's free and compatible with
> > upstream it's ok". (And that's the reason why archived
> > acknowledgements of this policy would be helpful.)
> Okay, time for proposals :)

Thanks.

> ---x---x---x--- S A M P L E ---x---x---x---
> The packaging work is free software and can be distributed under any
> terms that are compatible with the licensing terms of the upstream
> software, as long as they also satisfy the Debian Free Sofftware
> Guidelines.
> ---x---x---x--- S A M P L E ---x---x---x---

Would be ok for me, but I'm not exactly proficient in legalese.

> > > I meant with regard to the warning you talk about. These packages
> > > would be false positives. X-Not-CPAN: ok?
> > As long as there is the commented /dist/ URL packagecheck won't
> > complain. Not very elegant but works :)
> Ah, good to know. Perhaps one day I will modify packagecheck to also
> honour some header like the one above. Just to satisfy my desire for
> purity :)

Go ahead!
(Rewriting the shell mess in perl is also allowed :))

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Art Garfunkel: The Same Old Tears On A New Background