Re: Debian Perl Group meeting at DebCamp - 2008-08-06

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 11:56, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:

> I meant something like this:
>
>  #!/usr/bin/make -f
>  # Generated-Content-SHA1: 1234567890deadbeef
>  ... content follows ...
>
> with the checksum made only for the content *after* the
> Generated-Content-SHA1 line, thus not including it and solving the
> chicken-and-egg problem.

I think that this is redundant. If we store a historical record of
template versions, with checksums, you just need to put the version
number in the template. Then you'll know which is the pristine
template checksum, and if it's not pristine, you know which template
to diff to.

--
Martín Ferrari