Re: libiptables-chainmgr-perl : initial upload

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 17:05:45 +0200, Franck Joncourt wrote:
>
>>> One comment:
>>> lib/IPTables/ChainMgr.pm "use"es Net::IPv4Addr, so libnetwork-ipv4addr-perl
>>> must be not only in B-D-I but also in Depends.
>> I have checked the pm file, and it seems IPTables::Parse should also be
>> added to the Depends field. Right ?
>
> Oh right, that one _I_ missed :)

Updated on svn.

>>> What are your plans for psad?
>> Daniel Gubser maintains psad, and he should release, soon, a new psad
>> with libiptables-parse-perl and libiptables-chainmgr-perl as
>> dependencies, since I have updated his debian files to take them into count.
>
> Ok.
> Is there a new upstream release without the perl-modules or is the
> upstream source repackaged to remove them (or are they just not
> installed for the debian package)?

Psad is repackaged (no new upstream release) in order to work with the
new perl modules as debian packages. So those perl modules are in the
source code, and will stay since psad is avaliable as rpm, tar.gz or
tar.bz2.

http://www.cipherdyne.org/psad/download/

[...]
> Please don't tag them, tagging should be done after uploading (in
> order to guarantee that the tagged and the uploaded versions are the
> same).
>
> The usual way in the pkg-perl repo to mark a package as ready-for-upload
> is to change the distribution in debian/changelog from UNRELEASED to
> unstable, then it shows up in the correct category at
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi .

Ok, I see them in the "ready for upload" section.
It means I have to change my changelog to set the distribution to
UNRELEASED to avoid any mistakes until we are sure everyting is fine.
Again another question : Should I do that ?

>> Then, if someone could upload those modules to the debian archive, that
>> would be wonderful.
>
> I can do that, as soon as we are sure that we've got all dependencies
> between the two new modules and psad right.

Great.
So, you will tag them afterwards.

I have set Daniel email in the 'cc' field so he will be able to let us
know when he finishes to check the new psad package.

If I can do more, I am available.

- --
Franck Joncourt
http://debian.org - http://smhteam.info/wiki/
Fingerprint : C10E D1D0 EF70 0A2A CACF 9A3C C490 534E 75C0 89FE