Re: libiptables-chainmgr-perl : initial upload

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 17:05:45 +0200, Franck Joncourt wrote:

> > One comment:
> > lib/IPTables/ChainMgr.pm "use"es Net::IPv4Addr, so libnetwork-ipv4addr-perl
> > must be not only in B-D-I but also in Depends.
> I have checked the pm file, and it seems IPTables::Parse should also be
> added to the Depends field. Right ?

Oh right, that one _I_ missed :)

> > What are your plans for psad?
> Daniel Gubser maintains psad, and he should release, soon, a new psad
> with libiptables-parse-perl and libiptables-chainmgr-perl as
> dependencies, since I have updated his debian files to take them into count.

Ok.
Is there a new upstream release without the perl-modules or is the
upstream source repackaged to remove them (or are they just not
installed for the debian package)?

> I will update libiptables-chainmgr-perl module according to your remark
> and then I will create tags for both of them.

Please don't tag them, tagging should be done after uploading (in
order to guarantee that the tagged and the uploaded versions are the
same).

The usual way in the pkg-perl repo to mark a package as ready-for-upload
is to change the distribution in debian/changelog from UNRELEASED to
unstable, then it shows up in the correct category at
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi .

> Then, if someone could upload those modules to the debian archive, that
> would be wonderful.

I can do that, as soon as we are sure that we've got all dependencies
between the two new modules and psad right.

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: STS: Wahnsinn