Re: Check of perl modules

On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:11:40 +0200, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>
wrote:
> On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:23:59 +0200, Franck JONCOURT wrote:

Hi,

[...]
> maybe you'd like to join the Debian Perl Group together with your
> packages? You'd get co-maintainers and sponsors for free :)
> (And most DDs in the group prefer to grab new packages from our
> subversion repository instead of getting them somewhere from the
> web.)

As a matter of fact, I am working with a DD, but he seems to be
fairly busy. Both of the packages I mentionned in my previous email
are part of the cipherdyne project, ans so depend of psad (already in
the Debian repository but without dependencies on libiptables-*),
fwsnort, and fwknop.

However, the idea to add the libiptables-* packages to your perl
repository sounds a good idea as it would be part of a whole, and then
would be easier to maintain, at least I think so.

So to introduce myself :

I am working as a hardware/software engineer, but as spent my
free time on Linux, especially Debian, as I have never used others.
Therefore, I try to help people on the debian-user-french mailing list
and on the French forum. I put down some notes on the configurations
I have set up : http://www.dthconnex.com/ and http://smhteam.info/wiki/
(unfortunately only in French).

I am most a C developer, but I wrote some piece of code in perl, python,
bash when I needed. As I am packaging some modules, and projects in
Perl (fwsnort and a part of fwknop), I would be glad to maintain them
through pour perl group, and help others with what I have learned, and
will learn.

---
Franck Joncourt
http://www.debian.org/ - http://smhteam.info/wiki/