Re: Packaging libxml-feedpp-perl

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your comments!

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 19.15:45 gregor herrmann wrote:

> The build-dependency on quilt and debian/patches.mk seem unnecessary
> but probably they are preparations for fixing the manpage
> problem?

It's really just something from my hgdebuild script that I'm developing -
and preparation for when I need to fix upstream bugs.  (But I should
probably fix my script to omit those in case where there are no patches
against upstream...)

> debian/copyright could be converted to the new machine-readable
> format.

Which I have yet to look at, yes.

> > One lintian warning on the binary package:
> > W: libxml-feedpp-perl: manpage-has-errors-from-man
> > usr/share/man/man3/XML::FeedPP.3pm.gz  invalid option -wmac
>
> I don't get this warning when running lintian against the .changes
> file.

Probably depends on the man/groff version then.  Since it's a pure perl
package I have to admin that I've not built this in a sid chroot (and you
can all flame me now :-)

> ObDisclaimer: If you want to share the reponsibility for the package
> feel free to put it into the pkg-perl group's svn repository:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup

But then I'd feel obligated to read the mailing list, for which I lack the
time.  Patches & bugs & (NMUs if necessary) still welcome, though.

And besides, having just decided that I'd go with mercurial and develop my
very own hgdebuild, I'll not do svn anymore :-)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Compile with -wIngo.