Re: libgtk2-imageview-perl

On 29/03/2008, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> Do you mind setting Maintainer to Debian Perl Group (and in

Committed.

>  I think it needs to Depend on base-files (>= 4.0.1), where LGPL-3
>  appears first.

Committed.

>  debian/compat is 4, please use at least 5

Committed.

>  debian/rules
>   Makefile.PL invocation uses *VENDOR* variables. please use a recent
>   dh-make-perl template. if you have dh-make-perl from SVN, it has a new

I had an old version of dh-make-perl. Upgraded to 0.40.

>   #TEST# is from the templates and is intented to be replaced by some
>   command that test the module :)

Committed.

>   there are also #DOCS# and #CHANGES#

Committed.

>   the dh_installexamples could use some arguents if you want it to do
>   something.

Removed.

>  when building the package there are numerous warnings like:
>
>   dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
>   debian/libgtk2-imageview-perl/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Gtk2/ImageView/ImageView.so
>   shouldn't be linked with libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of its
>   symbols).

pdebuild no longer gets this far, as the tests fail as there is no X.
How do I test for pdebuild in rules to stop it running the tests? Or I
could check for pdebuild in the test itself and simply skip them. Is
there a standard preferred method?

>  Since you're also upstream, consider limiting -lxxx options when linking
>  the package so that no spurious dependencies are created.

I get:

-lgtkimageview -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0
-lm -lpangocairo-1.0 -lfontconfig -lXext -lXrender -lXinerama -lXi
-lXrandr -lXcursor -lXcomposite -lXdamage -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lX11
-lXfixes -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -lgthread-2.0
-lrt

Apart from the first, which is obviously needed, I think these are all
dependencies of Gtk2-Perl or Glib-Perl.

>  There are also some lintian warnings that need to be fixed.

Thanks. I was using an old version of lintian than hadn't picked these
up. Fixed.

Just as a matter of curiosity, is there an automatic way of having
say, etch, with specific packages picked from sid so that apt-get,
synaptic, etc. pick up the updates automatically?

>  Thank you for your work so far.

Thank you for checking.

Regards

Jeff