Re: libgtk2-imageview-perl

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:13:35 +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> >   dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
> >   debian/libgtk2-imageview-perl/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Gtk2/ImageView/ImageView.so
> >   shouldn't be linked with libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of its
> >   symbols).
> pdebuild no longer gets this far, as the tests fail as there is no X.
> How do I test for pdebuild in rules to stop it running the tests? Or I
> could check for pdebuild in the test itself and simply skip them. Is
> there a standard preferred method?

Different idea: make the tests work in a pbuilder chroot :)

xvfb is quite useful; I just grepped through trunk to find examples:

$ grep xvfb */debian/{control,rules}
libtk-gbarr-perl/debian/control:Build-Depends-Indep: perl, perl-tk, xvfb, xbase-clients, xfonts-base
libtk-histentry-perl/debian/control:Build-Depends-Indep: perl, perl-tk, xvfb
libtk-objscanner-perl/debian/control:Build-Depends-Indep: perl (>> 5.8.2-1), perl-tk, xvfb, xbase-clients, xfonts-base
libtk-pod-perl/debian/control: libtk-histentry-perl, libpod-simple-perl, xvfb, xbase-clients, xfonts-base,
libtk-splashscreen-perl/debian/control:Build-Depends-Indep: perl, perl-tk, xvfb
libwwwbrowser-perl/debian/control:Build-Depends-Indep: perl (>= 5.8.8), xvfb, lynx, xterm, xbase-clients,
libwx-perl/debian/control:Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), quilt, libalien-wxwidgets-perl, xvfb, xbase-clients, xfonts-base, libtest-pod-perl, libyaml-perl, libio-string-perl, libmodule-info-perl
libtk-gbarr-perl/debian/rules:  xvfb-run $(MAKE) test
libtk-histentry-perl/debian/rules:      xvfb-run $(MAKE) test
libtk-objscanner-perl/debian/rules:     xvfb-run $(MAKE) test
libtk-pod-perl/debian/rules:    xvfb-run $(MAKE) test
libtk-splashscreen-perl/debian/rules:   xvfb-run $(MAKE) test
libwwwbrowser-perl/debian/rules:        xvfb-run $(MAKE) test
libwx-perl/debian/rules:        xvfb-run $(MAKE) test

> Just as a matter of curiosity, is there an automatic way of having
> say, etch, with specific packages picked from sid so that apt-get,
> synaptic, etc. pick up the updates automatically?

"pinning". Cf. man 5 apt_preferences.

Or just use sid :)

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Bruce Springsteen: Paradise