Re: Speaking about debian-perl to conferences

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Isn't there a way for Debian to somehow follow the module to its new
> version numbering and hope it will stick to it?

The method is to add an epoch. I personally avoid adding them in cases
like this until I have contacted the upstream maintainer and discussed
their version number scheme and explained why their current method is
less than sane. But once I'm convinced that I'm not going to be adding
epochs for every single upstream revision, I'll use one to return to
the upstream's exact version.

Don Armstrong

--
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
 -- Lowery's Law