Re: Hello perl people

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:34:22 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> >Our usual way for pointing out to others that a package is not yet
> >ready for upload is to set the distribution to UNRELEASED in
> >debian/changelog and optionally add some explanation at the top of the
> >changelog; that makes it easy for others to check on
> >http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi (or in the svn
> >repo of course) the status of a package.
> Ah, nice status page :-)

Indeed :)

> And now we are at it: How "collaborative" is the collaboration in this
> group? If I stumple across something I would want to improve in any
> package, do I then ask first on this list (or on IRC) or simply do my
> corrections?

Usually corrections are just "done", as long as they are no mass
changes (which are coordinated on the list) or fundamental changes to
a package that someone else might object to.

> Do we all upload all packages at will (adding ourselves as
> Uploaders as needed)? Or...?

Non-DDs are happy about uploading DDs, DDs mostly often packages they
care about (or they are asked to upload) or that simply need an
upload ... So no fixed rules on who uploads what AFAICS.

The general guideslines for debian/control and other stuff are here:
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html

Russ' howto might also be interesting:
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/upload.html

> >BTW: if you happen to do IRC there's always someone around at
> >#debian-perl on OFTC :)
> Thanks, but IRC'ing is so too time consuming for mee (because it is so
> fun!), so I usually try to avoid it...

Heh :)

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: U2: Silver And Gold