Re: upstream source included in subversion?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 06:43:29PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> The general recommendation for Alioth is to not include upstream source
> on Alioth Subversion repositories.
>
> I suggest to update that web page and either clarify the special need
> for the pkg-perl group or include the -o option in example commands.
>

> ...and do any of you know how I strip upstream source from a source
> package already uploaded?!?

I too initially thought as you did.  However, once I was introduced to
quilt (the group's preferred way of patching packages), I realized that
having the upstream source in svn made it very easy work with quilt.
Now that I find I really want to use quilt in my other packages, I am
having some trouble as I have always excluded the upstream sources from
svn.  To each his own, I guess, but the group's way of doing things is
starting to rub off on me.

Regards,

-Roberto

--