Re: Hello perl people

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:15:44 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> >> I have just now, a moment ago, svn-injected
> >> libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl to the pkg-perl alioth group, and
> >> intend to package other related libraries and also - when I figure
> >> out how to best do so - move libhtml-wikiconverter-perl and other
> >> perl packages currently maintained at collab-maint.

Hi, and welcome to the group!

> >I have a commit ready for
> >libhtml-wikiconverter-{markdown,moinmoin}-perl. But since you haven't
> >changed the Maintainer field in them, I wanted to ask if you're ok with
> >us touching them. We usually are very promiscuous with the group
> >packages :)

Good summary :)

> Feel free to commit stuff to the packages. After all, collaboration was
> my very reason for storing them here at the pkg-perl repository :-)

Great.

> But please don't release the package yet. I want to polish them some
> myself.

Our usual way for pointing out to others that a package is not yet
ready for upload is to set the distribution to UNRELEASED in
debian/changelog and optionally add some explanation at the top of
the changelog; that makes it easy for others to check on
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi (or in the svn
repo of course) the status of a package.

BTW: if you happen to do IRC there's always someone around at
#debian-perl on OFTC :)

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Barry White: Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe