Re: mime-tools problems

-=| Martín Ferrari, Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 03:48:04PM -0200 |=-
> On Jan 12, 2008 1:41 PM, gregor herrmann <gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at> wrote:
>
> > Hm, if I compare http://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package and
> > trunk/mime-tools/debian/control I see a difference: the Replaces is
> > not versioned and probably should be ...
>
> Thanks to Adeodato Simó, we could find the problem. It is a bug in
> dpkg, when it finds a package that becomes empty (in this case,
> because of the common symlink as the only file of the old package). So
> I fixed mime-tools and file-spec.

IMHO, the bug is in the frontend used - apt-get/aptitude

dpkg notes the disappearance of the replaced package, but the frontend
later calls dpkg --cofigure $packagelist witih $packagelist still
containing the replaced package.

Anyway, thanks for working around this.