Re: RFS: libcrypt-dsa-perl

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 10:36:50PM +0530, Deepak Tripathi wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libcrypt-dsa-perl".

Hi,

a few mostly minor notes:

- the long description states that this uses Math::Pari, which is not in
  Debian (#440527). Apparently the module has been rewritten recently to
  use Math::BigInt instead, so the description is wrong.

- the README file only describes installation, there's no reason to
  install it in the binary package

- the INSTALLVENDORARCH/VENDORARCHEXP dance was deemed wrong on
  debian-perl recently, see #458143. Use a conditional rmdir on
  the empty directory instead.

- there are no examples, so dh_installexamples is not needed

- it looks like the binary package should at least recommend
  libconvert-pem-perl and libdata-buffer-perl

- Crypt::DSA::Signature::asn() requires Convert::ASN1, so you should at
  least recommend libconvert-asn1-perl as well

- there's an extra copyright line in lib/Crypt/DSA/Util.pm that should
  be included in debian/copyright

> The package can be found on
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-perl
>  <http://mentors.debian.net/>

I didn't change anything in SVN for now to keep it in sync with
mentors.debian.net, but I don't see much point in uploading pkg-perl
packages there...

Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org