Re: DM and pkg-perl (recap 1)

hmmm.... They both sound about the same to me.  It might be nice to recognize contributors in a machine-readable format so that a registry / database could be generated that contains such information some time down the road.  So if either of these is decided on, be sure that linda / lintian will be able to parse it.

Cheers,

C.J.

On Nov 28, 2007 6:54 AM, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
-=| Frank Lichtenheld, Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 06:45:03PM +0100 |=-
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:15:26PM +0000, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> [...tracking non-DM contributors in DM-enabled packages...]
> > Isn't the changelog sufficient for keeping track of this? At least I
> > feel that way.
>
> If all the non-DD contributors agree with you I certainly wont force
> them to follow my suggestion ;)
> I was just pointing out a possible solution if removing people from
> the Uploaders field causes them to feel left out or put down.

Uploaders from all over the world, what do *you* think? Do you prefer
that your name is listed in a (commented out) control field, or is the
presense in debian/changelog enough?

--
dam            JabberID: dam@jabber.minus273.org

--