Re: DM and pkg-perl

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 10:59:46AM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> One option would be to upload all packages with "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes"
> from now on. This would give all present and future DMs upload right for
> the packages they work on. There's no need to upload _all_ packagaes
> _only_ adding the field of course.
>
> What do others think? Is this too "wide-open"? Can it be mis-used?

I think packages should be uploaded with DM-Upload-Allowed: yes if at
least one DM request it (e.g. by adding the field in SVN) and finds
at least one DD who sponsors the upload adding this field (the latter
is a technical requirement anyway).
Obviously the DD should consult with other DDs that have done work on this
package before, but I don't think we need rules for that.

I would not add the field unconditionally to all packages as your
proposal sounds above.

If DDs feel strongly about one package and want to discourage DM uploads
for it even before they are requested they should add
"#DM-Uploaded-Allowed: no" to debian/control in SVN. Since it is a comment
it will not appear in any other files but it will document the wish in
the best place possible. Obviously the DD should be able to show that
he has done significant work on the package he is doing this for, but
I don't think we need rules for that either.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/