Re: pkg-perl subversion repository: autumn cleanup

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:14:21 +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> > libxml-sax-perl:
> >   Maintainer: Jay Bonci
> >   old (NMU) version in our repo --> remove?!
> This one had a NMU to upload the latest upstream version into Debian. So
> probably only the SVN is out of date.

Well, it's a general question if we should have packages which are
not maintained by the Debian Perl Group in our repository. IMO it's
not really helpful.

> > Looking forward to any input from the persons listed above or any
> > other interested parties!
> I'm involved in the Debian XML/SGML team. Therefor I'm interested in
> this package. However, my Perl skills are probably still not high enough
> to tale care about this package.

As long as it's maintained by Jay and Jay & his packages don't join
the group (or you become a co-maintainer) your interest in the
package won't be enough :)

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Beatles