Re: Maintainer field

Hi,

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Niko Tyni wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:18:17PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > We already had this discussion once. I don't agree with this. I think it's
> > wise to list someone as maintainer and the team in the Uploaders in
> > particular when that someone has been maintaining that package long before
> > the team even existed.
> >
> > I'm perfectly happy with people working on my packages, thus they are in
> > the team but in the end, I want to be listed as maintainer so that I feel
> > responsible to keep them in a good shape.
>
> Hm, is the pkg-perl-maintainers list subscribed to the PTS of those
> packages?  I don't recall seeing any libdbd-mysql-perl or libdbd-pg-perl
> bug reports on the list.

No the list is not subscribed. You're welcome to do it however if you want
it.

We clearly have two different work patterns. I'm not interested in all
perl modules thus I'm not subscribed to the pkg-perl-maintainers list. I
tend to handle bugs when I prepare a new upstream version of the software
and thus I'm mainly using my qa.debian.org/developer.php webpage.

You're more involved in the perl team and thus want everything to come to
you directly through the maintainers list.

Raphaël Hertzog