Re: Maintainer field (was: New upstream versions)

On Sat, 19 May 2007, gregor herrmann wrote:
> I suggest that we:
> * exchange (or set) the Maintainer: and Uploaders: field for all
>   packages that have the DPG in Uploaders and/or have a member of the
>   DPG as Maintainer: to M: DPG and U: $individuals (that would be
>   most of the packages listed above).

We already had this discussion once. I don't agree with this. I think it's
wise to list someone as maintainer and the team in the Uploaders in
particular when that someone has been maintaining that package long before
the team even existed.

I'm perfectly happy with people working on my packages, thus they are in
the team but in the end, I want to be listed as maintainer so that I feel
responsible to keep them in a good shape.

> * move the packages that are maintained by someone else to
>   ./packages/attic because they only lead to confusion (at least on
>   my side ;-)) - i.e. libimager-perl and libtext-vfile-asdata-perl.

Sure, but the good thing to do is invite those people in the team. :-)

Raphaël Hertzog