Re: DM and pkg-perl (alternative proposal)

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:01:37 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> > My problem with this are DMs that happen to be in a pkg-perl package's
> > Uploaders and that weren't advocated by pkg-perl members.
> Umh... I am still not sure about what I think on this topic ;-) Dam:
> It's been shown over and over that you are more paranoid than me, and
> I do welcome that - but still, here is my point:

Thanks for your comments, Gunnar!

> I think that over-elaborating on rules to allow or restrict who can
> upload what, which XS fields to use and the rules on the Uploaders
> field's handling is a net waste of energy...

Sure, I think a balance between some protection and manageability is
important.
But IMO the current proposal (cf. policy.pod.draft) is a viable
compromise; there's some action needed both from DMs and DDs but not
really much, and it should ensure that some attention is paid.

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    BOFH excuse #256:  You need to install an RTFM interface.