Re: changelogs, UNRELEASED, etc

-=| gregor herrmann, 16.08.2007 07:37 |=-
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 05:18:10 +0100, Martín Ferrari wrote:
>> Since it is now running very fast, I'd put it in the postcommit hook,
>> and is working fine.
>
> And in coordination with Tincho I've changed my cronjob to
> * use versioncheck2.pl
> * run hourly (it takes 0.6 seconds with the cache)

After a couple of tiny fixes today, it perfectly replaces the
versioncheck.pl, with the added benefit that changes in SVN are
displayed immediately.

Thanks Martín, great work!

Having SVN represented in real-time, I have a couple of wishes to
improve the other parts.

* verify that packages in archive are properly tagged in SVN

* track DAK mails
  this would require writing a bot of some sort that is subscribed to
pkg-perl-maintainers and that parses the mails.
This way we can see in which exact state a package is - uploaded, new,
accepted (unless it is in the archive, of course)

* track BTS
  perhaps the same bot could also track the mails from the BTS
  another approach would be to use the (in)famous SOAP interface to the
BTS. That's not documented, though.
  the problem with the current [BTS] link on the page is that it gives
no information whether there are bugs or not. I wish there are direct
links to the bug numbers with subjects as tool-tips :)

* merge maintainers.html

* group listed packages by problems
  we could use a separate tables for packages that need an upload,
packages that need upgrade from upstream and packages that need fixing
the Maintainer: field and packages that are not tagged properly

Yes, this really starts to look like a DPG-branded PTS :)