Re: changelogs, UNRELEASED, etc

On 8/14/07, Damyan Ivanov <dam@modsoftsys.com> wrote:

> Not quite impossible. Are you willing to implement it? ;-)

Done :)

It was a lot of work, tho! Sorry to whoever wrote the code (it was
gregor?) because I changed it a log, I had no option, because to
implement this I changed a lot of logic.
I'm copying the commit log:

HUGE diff to versioncheck.pl:
- download of cpan, incoming and new data is now cached, the latter with low ttl
- processing of changelogs and watchfiles (and their parsing and
uscanning!) is cached, issues a svn log to verify which files had
changed
- lots of code moved around to allow this, so committing a new file.
- two new cmdline options: -force-cpan and -force-rescan, to
invalidate the cpan and the debian/ files cache, respectively.
- Added my machine to Common.pm :)
Now, when there are no new changes, this runs in 0.6s in alioth, and a
full run takes less that 10 seconds. So I think we can put this in a
commit-hook.

You can see the output in http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/qa/versions2.html

Martín Ferrari