Re: changelogs, UNRELEASED, etc

-=| Martín Ferrari, 14.08.2007 15:13 |=-
> On 8/13/07, Damyan Ivanov <dam@modsoftsys.com> wrote:
>
>> [1] modulo 6h for the cron to update the page and the time needed for a
>> package to move from incoming to the archive.
>
> Maybe we can modify it to recheck only a package when a changelog is
> modified, via a postcommit hook?

There is a conceptual limitation of the script - it is
either-all-or-nothing approach. It can't use a previous output and
change a single entry.

What you suggest IMHO requires a database and a CGI for the page
generation. post-commit hooks may update the database with information
from SVN and cron may update it from other sources. Automated bots that
receive various *-dist traffic may even fill in information about bugs,
uploaded state etc...

Not quite impossible. Are you willing to implement it? ;-)