Re: Pending uploads

Damyan Ivanov dijo [Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 12:29:19PM +0300]:
> > What kinds of (legal) problems do you expect to actually arise, anyway?
> > Can you give an example?
>
> I don't have any real problems in my mind, but IANAL. I just prefer to
> play on the safe side.
>
> Fresh sample - libemail-localdelivery-perl is created by Niko and Gregor
> wants to change something in the packaging. Is he allowed to do so?
> I am pretty confident that Niko does not mind this, of course, but IMHO
> these things are better explicitly stated.

Umh... I think that, by the only action of committing our changes to
an area that we joined _because_ it means group maintenance, we are
all agreeing to allow the other group members.

Yes, it's not even close to what I'd call a license (even though
IANAL), but it is an explicit act of consent. We all joined the group
(and now that the repository is open to all DDs, they will be playing
in our space, which means they recognize our rules).

> I guess the need of explicit packaging license is more obvious for
> "normal" packages where the packaging work is not trivial. Imagine
> maintainer change. Is new maintainer allowed to change the packaging it
> there is no licensing?
>
> I think there's no reason to consider DPG-maintained packages different
> to "normal" ones in this regard.

Yes, and there is also original work (i.e. the QA scripts,
dh-make-perl), although we have been more careful to state copyright
on those as small-projects.

Greeting,s

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23