Re: dh-make-perl error: Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///)

On Aug 6, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

-=| Jeremiah Foster,  6.08.2007 00:29 |=-
I am trying to adopt libcdk-perl. When trying to build the package with
dh-make-perl I get the error that dh-make-perl "Cannot find a
description for the package: use the --desc switch"

Since you are adopting, isn't it better to base your package on the one
already present in the archive? Re-creating it from scratch looks like
double-work to me. Of course, there may be reasons for this too.

I am sure it is better to use the already present package. I used dh- make-perl for two reasons:

1. I get an error with uupdate[0] (I assume this is the right way to build already archived packages?)
	2. I want to learn more about dh-make-perl

I most certainly do not want to make more work for you, the only reason it turned out this way is my inexperience. Hopefully I will not make this error again. :)

	Jeremiah

[0] uupdate ../libcdk-perl_4.9.10.orig.tar.gz
parsechangelog/debian: error: found start of entry where expected more change data or trailer, at file debian/changelog line 6
uupdate: unable to determine source package