Re: Pending uploads

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Fresh sample - libemail-localdelivery-perl is created by Niko and Gregor
> wants to change something in the packaging. Is he allowed to do so?
> I am pretty confident that Niko does not mind this, of course, but IMHO
> these things are better explicitly stated.

As long as we're speaking of packages uploaded to Debian, it's pretty
clear that anyone doing so respects the DFSG which explicitely requires
modifications (whatever license they had in mind doesn't care that much).

I always assumed that any packaging work was available under the same
license as the program itself unless another license was explicitely
mentioned.

Raphaël Hertzog