Re: pkg-perl TODO: SVN, archive, upstream, etc versions

-=| Gunnar Wolf, 26.07.2007 01:12 |=-
>> I guess after fixing (2), this more-or-less provides the functionality
>> of the "pending/" branch we discussed. That is, packages needing an
>> upload are those whose SVN and archive versions differ. Suggestions how
>> to make this more visible on the page are welcome.
>
> Yes, my only problem with this is the daily frequence - Of course, I
> don't want to tie up Alioth checking upstream versions... But it's not
> good for coordinating work anymore. It's not good to know if you and
> me are doing the same work twice.

pending/ does not solve the problem when two people start working on a
package from there too :)

Somebody said that hanging on IRC should help. Yes it requires having
internet access, but so does "svn up".

The page is primarily useful for general picture and those cases when
one suddenly finds him/herself free and willing to do some pkg-perl work.