Re: Version discrepancies

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, gregor herrmann wrote:
> libdbd-pg-perl ==>
> 	packages: 1.49-2
> 	repository: 1.49-3
> 1.49-3 closes a bug, but still has "UNRELEASED" in the changelog

I always leave UNRELEASED up to the point when I decide to make a real
release. It's the right thing to do to not forget that the package
has not been uploaded yet.

> libmime-base64-perl ==>
> 	packages:
> 	repository: 3.07-1
> never uploaded

This package has been removed from Debian:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/libm/libmime-base64-perl.html
cf #210320

It's part of perl itself (perl-modules) and is thus unneeded.
Please remove it from the SVN unless someone really needs a newer version
from the one available in perl-modules.

> libnet-amazon-s3-perl ==>
> 	packages:
> 	repository: 0.36-2
> not uploaded, not in the NEW queue; was this a licensing problem?

It was never in Debian itself either (ie it's not a package that got
removed).

> libnetxap-perl ==>
> 	packages:
> 	repository: 0.02-6
> hm? was this packaged removed? or renamed?

This package is available in stable/testing/unstable:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/libn/libnetxap-perl.html

Except it builds only a binary package called "libnet-imap-perl".
A bit strange...

--
Raphaël Hertzog