Re: Version discrepancies

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 18:57:49 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > libdbd-pg-perl ==>
> > 	packages: 1.49-2
> > 	repository: 1.49-3
> > 1.49-3 closes a bug, but still has "UNRELEASED" in the changelog
> I always leave UNRELEASED up to the point when I decide to make a real
> release. It's the right thing to do to not forget that the package
> has not been uploaded yet.

Right, those notes made it much easier for me to understand what's
going on.
I still included those packages in my list as a reminder ;-)

> > libmime-base64-perl ==>
> > 	packages:
> > 	repository: 3.07-1
> > never uploaded
> This package has been removed from Debian:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/libm/libmime-base64-perl.html
> cf #210320

Ok, thanks

> It's part of perl itself (perl-modules) and is thus unneeded.
> Please remove it from the SVN unless someone really needs a newer version
> from the one available in perl-modules.

I've moved it to ./packages/attic in the svn repo.

> > libnet-amazon-s3-perl ==>
> > 	packages:
> > 	repository: 0.36-2
> > not uploaded, not in the NEW queue; was this a licensing problem?
> It was never in Debian itself either (ie it's not a package that got
> removed).

Ok.
It was injected by Alexis - maybe you could take a look at it again?

> > libnetxap-perl ==>
> > 	packages:
> > 	repository: 0.02-6
> > hm? was this packaged removed? or renamed?
> This package is available in stable/testing/unstable:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/libn/libnetxap-perl.html
> Except it builds only a binary package called "libnet-imap-perl".

D'oh! I guess I should look at the source packages in the archive
(too).

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Tom Waits: The Ghost of Saturday Night