Re: replacing the original tarball (libconvert-binhex-perl)

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:11:07AM +0100, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> * Niko Tyni (ntyni@iki.fi) :
> > The libconvert-binhex-perl original tarball was not pristine, it contained
> > two copies of the upstream tree. I changed the upstream version to
> > 1.119+pristine, so that a new original tarball can be uploaded.
>
> Hmm, that's not needed as long as we build the package with
> dpkg-buildpackage -si -sa:

> So if nobody objects, I plan to build 1.119-3 with those option so the orig tarball is uploaded.

Hm, I thought you couldn't replace an orig tarball in the archive.
Sure, you can include it in an upload using dpkg-buildpackage -sa,
but I think the upload will be rejected.

>From the Developer's Reference, 5.9.3 "Replacing or renaming packages" [1]:

 [...] if you wish to replace the upstream source tarball of your package,
 you will need to upload it with a different version. An easy possibility
 is to replace foo_1.00.orig.tar.gz with foo_1.00+0.orig.tar.gz.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s5.9.3

Niko Tyni	ntyni@iki.fi