Re: Could perl team take a look at the orphaned perl libraries?

Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Orphaned perl libraries constitute a meaningful proportion of the
> orphaned packages.  Could the perl team take a look at them?  Perhaps
> they might wish to adopt some, and perhaps they might be able to
> point to some which in their opinion should be removed from Debian
> (perhaps some are obsolete or folded into the main perl distribution).
>
> List follows, excluding packages which are already being removed
> or ITAed:
>
> libapache-authznetldap-perl -- only 35 popcon installs
> libbusiness-ups-perl -- only 17 popcon installs
> [...]

I was also going to contact the libmodule-build-perl maintainer, because
that package is grossly outdated in Debian.  Perhaps the maintainer would
prefer to give up maintainership of the package and we could adopt it.

And, Nathanael or others, where can those popcon statistics be looked up?
Those are interesting!

Julian.