Re: What's pending?

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:54:34PM +0200, Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:

> > * The problems with libi18n-charset-perl and libunicode-map8-perl are
> > still not solved (should the latter be fixed upstream or the former
> > be patched in Debian or both?). My patch for libi18n-charset-perl
> > (which you have reported at CPAN) is still in the repository.
> Problem is with libunicode-map-perl, debian patches are not compatible
> with libi18n-charset-perl. As far as I know Niko Tyni take care of it.

I'm not sure (too long ago ;-)) but IIRC my patches to
libi18n-charset-perl are in order to make it compatible with the
(patched version of) libunicode-map-perl.
I think the question - as posed by Niko as well IIRC - is whether to
have both modules patched in Debian or whether to propagate both
patches towards upstream first.
I guess a quick (and temporary solution) would be to upload the new
revision of libi18n-charset-perl in order to get the new version in
and close #329561. OTOH there's probably no hurry for the new version
either ...

> > * libtie-ical-perl is a new package in the svn repository.
> Uploaded (my first upload from amd64 arch :>).

Thanks - now I know who CBE1CFE1FEE20BCB is ;-)
(Cf. the tooltip on
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org)

> > * libnet-domain-tld-perl and libemail-valid-perl still have problems,
> > a new revision for the former is in the svn repository, the latter
> > doesn't seem to belong to the Debian Perl Group (though it's in the
> > repository).

Concerning this case there was a mail by Ron (as the
libemail-valid-perl maintainer) saying that he applied my patch but
has to wait for the updated libnet-domain-tld-perl which is in our
svn repository.

Maybe you or someone else could check this issue too?

Thanks,

 : :' :  infos zur usenet-hierarchie at.*: http://www.usenet.at/
   `-    Warp 7 -- It's a law we can live with.