Re: ITP: libevent-rpc-perl -- Event based transparent Client/Server RPC framework

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Putting on my pod2man upstream maintainer hat, please note that I cannot
> apply the same transformation upstream because \[:o] is a groff-specific
> escape that will cause the generated *roff to not work on non-Linux
> platforms.

But Debian only uses groff so it makes sense to have a Debian specific
change to pod2man which does that. Maybe you could provide a mean to have
some automatic post-processing of generated manpages? That way the perl
package could dropt a groff-specific post-processing script doing those
conversions...

> characters since there is no portable way to do so.  The above is not a
> bad solution.

In that case, we can fix all manpages by fixing one package, it's
certainly better that having such hacks in many perl packages.

Raphaël Hertzog