Re: sarge Mod-perl 2.0.0

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 06:29:27PM +1000, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 10:40:48PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> >On Sun, 22 May 2005, mi cuenta wrote:
> >> Is there a chance to put   modperl 2.0.0  with sarge before Release ?
> >
> >The chances are pretty much 0.000% unless there's something majorly
> >wrong with 1.999.21-1.
> >
> >Considering the fact that modperl 2.0.0 isn't in unstable (or even
> >experimental) that pretty much cements 1.999 being distributed.
>
> Note that the version currently in unstable 1.999_23, which is the last
> release candidate before 2.0.0 and contains the incompatable API
> changes.

Most of the packages that declare a dependency on mod_perl2 have now
been corrected for the API change in Sid, I believe. Annoyingly it
still breaks lots of other packages that try to provide some mod_perl2
support. For instance, the CGI module that comes as part of
perl-modules, libcgi-simple-perl, libhtml-mason-perl, and probably
many more. The CGI incompatibility with the latest mod_perl2, in
particular, has already caused me many problems.

This is really bad timing with regards Sarge, there's always something
like this, I guess...

Stephen