Re: libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite2-perl

 I'm Cc'ing the maintainers of related packages to get them in the loop.
 NOTICE: Nothing has happened yet.  You don't have to do anything yet
 but please do provide feedback!

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:16:51PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

 >     libdbd-sqlite-perl -> SQLite 2, provides DBD::SQLite
 >
 >     libdbd-sqlite2-perl -> SQLite 2, provides DBD::SQLite2 (per upstream)
 >
 >     libdbd-sqlite3-perl -> SQLite 3, provides DBD::SQLite (per upstream)
 >
 >  In this way existing scripts won't break silently after 'apt-get
 >  upgrade' and people have a chance to plan ahead.  It's butt-ugly,
 >  but go yell at upstream for that.

 I have done this and the packages are available at

    http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/perl/sqlite/

 Please, please, please review this and tell me of any fsck ups.  I have
 tested installing and deinstalling this stuff here and it works as I
 explained before.

 I have changed the maintainer to DPG and added Krzysztof and myself as
 uploaders.  Beyond that I tried not to introduce any other changes to
 the packages.

 Can I get added to the pkg-perl group in Alioth, please?  I'd like to
 commit this to SVN as a first step.

 libdbd-sqlite3-perl might or might not stall at ftp-master, so the plan
 is to upload that first and wait until it makes its way to the archive.

 I think it would be wise to ask for libdbd-sqlite-perl to be removed
 from testing and leave it in unstable for a while to give people the
 chance to upgrade.  This means the affected packages need to migrate to
 libdbd-sqlite2-perl or libdbd-sqlite3-perl, the later being
 preferrable but not mandatory.

 All that said, this *needs* to happen before sarge gets released,
 whenever higher spirits decide for that to happen.

 Comments?

--
Marcelo