libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite2-perl

As we finally have both libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite2-perl
packages in the archive it should now be possible to sort out the mess
that these packages have got into (caused mainly by upstream it
seems).

A while ago the current maintainer offered on this list to orphan
these packages and hand over control to the debian-perl group. (see
also #283896). I am hoping in this case that someone will be able to
fix things soon and we will have both packages in good shape for the
release of Sarge.

Currently libdbd-sqlite-perl provides version 1:0.33-1 and
libdbd-sqlite-perl provides version 2:0.33-2. In other words, they
both currently provide what is considered DBD::SQLite version 2. I
think the intention was that once we had the libdbd-sqlite2-perl
package in the archive that libdbd-sqlite-perl would be upgraded to
DBD::SQLite version 3 (i.e. the current latest upstream).

Right now the two packages have file conflicts and cannot be installed
at the same time (even though no "Conflicts" is registered by either
package). I've not yet filed an RC bug about this problem.

Stephen Quinney