Re: [Cpanplus-devel] Advice requested; Automatic building of debian packages from CPAN modules

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:22:16AM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> I believe simply setting "Replaces: perl-modules, perl-base, perl" in any
> CPAN module which has a default INSTALLDIRS of "perl" should do the trick.

My understanding of it is that you can only use 'Replaces' if you are
replacing the _whole_ of that package. perl-modules is a set of
packages and as such 'Replaces' various packages. However, one of
those packages on their own would not replace the whole of
perl-modules though.

Stephen Quinney