Re: Packaging policy

On Thursday 24 June 2004 16:57, Allard Hoeve wrote:
> I think we should pick and choose a reasoable number of packages that we
> want to package in say, the next three months or before sarge or this year
> or whatever, and work on those. This would preferably be a coherent list
> of widely used packages.
>
> Any ideas on how to compile such a list? Is there an initiative like
> popcon?

Is 100 a reasonable number? :-)
There is the Phalanx Project (http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/) which is a project

Strengthen CPAN's tests, coverage and documentation
Strengthen Perl's tests and coverage
Bring in newcomers to the Perl development process

The already choose 100 CPAN modules, mostly as a base for future Ponie tests.

Have fun,
	Marcus

--
 :: Marcus Thiesen :: www.thiesen.org :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 ::

Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is
nothing but cabbage with a college education
                                                                   Mark Twain