Re: dh-make-perl: #254892

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
No. dh-make-perl is a *helper* script with different aims. You *can* use
it to create official Debian packages, but if you do, you have to check
everything it outputs really thoroughly.

It is *not* recommended to use dh-make-perl to create those package, but
it's also not forbidden or something. I (and i maintain the damn thing)
only use it in very special cases. Normally, I just copy over the rules
file from one of my other modules and do the rest by hand.

I see. So, since
a) it is not recomended to create official packages with dh-make-perl and
b) even you you do, you're strongly advised to carefuly examine all autogenerated files

then the decision whether to put $(MAKE) test uncommented is not dh-make-perl's, but packager's.

dh-make-perl can help the packager by reminding him, after each run, that he is responsible for checking everything. If you're willing to accept a patch for this, I'll prepare one in the weekend.

dam

--
Damyan Ivanov                             Creditreform Bulgaria
divanov@creditreform.bg             http://www.creditreform.bg/