Re: dh-make-perl: #254892

Damyan Ivanov <divanov@creditreform.bg> writes:
> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Damyan Ivanov <divanov@creditreform.bg> writes:
>>>I hav quite the opposite feeling. How are perl packages to be created
>>>from scratch if not with dh-make-perl?
>> Like every other package. You can actually create packages *by
>> hand*!
> I miss your point. Are you saying that it is recomended to create
> 'official' perl packages by hand and not using dh-make-perl?

No. dh-make-perl is a *helper* script with different aims. You *can* use
it to create official Debian packages, but if you do, you have to check
everything it outputs really thoroughly.

It is *not* recommended to use dh-make-perl to create those package, but
it's also not forbidden or something. I (and i maintain the damn thing)
only use it in very special cases. Normally, I just copy over the rules
file from one of my other modules and do the rest by hand.

Marc
--
$_=')(hBCdzVnS})3..0}_$;//::niam/s~=)]3[))_$(rellac(=_$({pam(esrever })e$.)4/3*
)e$(htgnel+23(rhc,"u"(kcapnu ,""nioj ;|_- |/+9-0z-aZ-A|rt~=e$;_$=e${pam tnirp{y