Re: r192 - packages/libtext-formattable-perl/tags

Hi all,

> Hi Gunnar. Did you do this by hand, or was this svn-inject's deed?

No, svn-inject doesn't tag at all. svn-buildpackage has a --tag option.

> 'cause how I understand it (based on
> file:///usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/HOWTO.html/index.html and as just
> written in subversion.pod), tags are supposed to represent the versions
> in the archive and are tagged the moment the to-be-uploaded .deb is
> built (by passing --svn-tag to svn-buildpackage - that's what this
> options is for, isn't it). Therefore, since libtext-formattable-perl has
> not been released yet, it should have no tags. Maybe allard can comment
> on that (as well as on my changes to subversion.pod, revision 199).

Well, it seems intuitive and logical to say that tagging should be done
when a release is final. That is, when it's uploaded. That way, we can
always checkout one specific release when we want to. So I think Joachim
is right.

But not to worry, you can always delete a tag. (Allthough the tags should
allways be read-only).

Regards,

Allard