Re: tag vs. rtag

Hi,

Am Sa, den 10.01.2004 schrieb Colin Watson um 15:59:
> I think I'm missing something. Why are you doing all this retagging?
> Semantically, tags are not supposed to move once you lay them down,
> although CVS supports a few means of getting round that in case of
> mistakes.
>
> The debian_version tag really shouldn't be applied until you're just
> about to make the upload.

As far as I can see it, the cvsbuildpackage suite sets the
debian_version_x-1 tag when you cvs-inject a package, or cvs-upgrade a
package. Of course we could leave it where it is and only retag it just
before upload, but we still would have to retag.

Also, cvs-buildpackage expects a debian_version_x-y tag corresponding to
the version in debian/changelog, so you have to retag every time you
build with cvs-buildpackage.

Maybe I just didn't get it, then I'd be glad if you could show me the
right way.

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner