tag vs. rtag

Hi,

I'm not totally sure about this, but it looks this way:

If you delete files, and then retag your sourcedir with "cvs tag -F
debian_version_x-y", then the deleted file will keep it's tag on the
revision where it wasn't deleted yet, so it will be in the distribution
once you do cvs-buildpackage. So, to get rid of that file, it seems to
be the only way to run "cvs rtag -a -F debian_version_x-y lib...perl"
(where lib...perl is the package name as it appears in CVSROOT/modules).
Only rtag supports the "-a" flag to look also at files in the Attic.

I updated pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cvs.txt to reflect that.

Is that right? maybe someone here knows CVS better than me (which is
very likely, I started to lean it about 5 days ago) and tells us a
better way.

nomeata

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner