Re: RFS: libogg-vorbis-header-perl

Hi Amit,

Am Do, den 08.01.2004 schrieb Amit Shah um 14:16:
> On Thursday 08 Jan 2004 18:39, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > It would be different if you would want to join us, and put your
> > packages under the Debian Perl Group maintenance, as I currently sponsor
> > all Group packages. (I hope this will not fill up the Debian Perl Group
> > with people who want their perl packages sponsored easily :-))
>
> In effect, I guess it's the same thing. Instead of one sponsor, with the DPG,
> there'll be multiple sponsors, who'll look at the quality of the packages
> being generated. I've not read on the specifics or the goals of the DPG, but
> it sounds more or less like a distributed group of sponsors.

I see that different. The sponsoring is only a necessity because not all
of us are full debian members. The group is about distributed
maintenance, the packages are not "owned" by a specific developer,
everybody works on all packages. Something like that :-)

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  JID: joachimbreitner@amessage.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata